Details for Summer Slow Jams 2018 coming very soon!
Each summer, game makers get together to make a project with friends and community members in just over a week! Summer Slow Jams is a collection of game jam events happening once a month every summer, providing structure and networking opportunities for creatives in Portland and remote participants.
We hold on-site opening & closing events to define our jam timeline, then workshops & co-working sessions in between to help people get their games made! Creative themes are delivered at each opening event, and developers are able to showcase their game jam projects at each closing event and at the Summer Slow Jams party in August!
Find Summer Slow Jams 2016 and 2017 games on our Jam Games page.
Summer Slow Jams 2017 is also outlined below!
Summer Slow Jams 2017
Summer Slow Jams 2017 was our third year, bringing together developers to create 47 games based on the following themes:
- June Gadgets Jam, Creative Theme: Unconventional Pets
"Make a game that doubles as a gadget! Enhance your idea for a tool or device with the things that make games great!"
- July Performance Jam, Creative Theme: Incomplete Instructions
"Make a game that focuses on an audience watching or interacting with the player!"
- August VR/AR Jam, Creative Theme: Change of Perspective
"Make a virtual reality or augmented reality game!"
Special thanks to Cory, Wesley, and Dylan for suggesting our creative themes via Patreon!
Summer Slow Jams 2016
choose from 30 games to play from our 2016 Summer slow jams!
- June Co-operative Multiplayer Jam,
Creative Theme: "Best Friend, Best Weapon"
- July Narrative or Comic-Inspired Jam,
Creative Theme: "Start at the End"
- August Alternative Control or Tabletop Jam,
Creative Theme: "The Illusion of Control"
Special thanks to Christian, Mo, and hagen for suggesting our creative themes via Patreon!
Summer Slow Jams 2015
- June Theme: Build a game that you can market
- July Theme: Build a game using Twine or Scratch
- August Theme: Build a multiplayer game